Friday, March 6, 2015

Keep on, Keeping on

Along with another week of student teaching, came a new list of challenges and accomplishments. And while sometimes I feel that the list of challenges is a lot longer than accomplishments, I know that the accomplishments I do achieve are ones in the right direction.

This week we began wrapping up our Pesticide Unit and our first leg of the building construction unit. One of my main challenges this week was trying to make the building construction lessons more hands on. The class will actually be doing some building over the course of the next 3-4 weeks. But, before the building could begin, the students have to learn some of the fundamentals of building a utility buildings, and learn common terms and ideas. So it was my task to make this information hands on while teaching them these basics.

So I began implementing questions, discussions, and even had students design their dream building, and develop qualities that they wanted in their own building. What was really cool was that a lot of the students kept their drawings, and one even told me that he wanted to keep it so that he could use it in the future to build this dream shop of his.

Next week will be a new adventure for me, as we begin preparing for banquet, get in our strawberry orders, and I will be assisting Mr. Boyer this week in teaching floriculture to both the Ag Science and Horticulture students. I'm also excited because this will be the first major activity that I will be preparing and assisting with for the FFA Chapter. The officers are already preparing for opening ceremonies, and getting ready for an exciting banquet.

Well, now it's time to get back to observations with the lovely Ms. Gordon at Ridgemont High School. I guess I just gotta keep on, keeping on!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Apologies this week for no pictures, I will be uploading double the pictures next week in place of this weeks absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howie,

    I caught that you completed this assignment; however, remember that you are to email me to let me know it is ready to review.

    ReplyDelete